About the Library
The scientific and technical library which is acting in the administrative structure of the Center is well known with its unique rich specialized funds not only in the republic, but abroad. The library's mission is the collection of technical and patent resources, technical information and library services.
The library fund is $ 22 million exp. literature, including:
- Books – books, deposited scientific works, theses of abstracts
- Periodicals – journals, journal abstracts (РЖ), information and analytical abstracts and official bulletins RA
- Patents - copyright certificates, descriptions of inventions, utility models, trademarks and industrial models, bulletins, abstracts publications
- Industrial catalogues - firm catalogues, pricelists
- Standards – state standards, industry standards, specifications, standards and sets of journals
In the reading rooms of the library are implemented information and library services, as well as patent search of about 18 million patent documents. At the computer room users enjoy free Internet and international scientific and technical information databases (EBSCO, SpringerLink BioONE, Oxford Reference Online, OARE Online Access to Research in the Environment, Britannica Online Encyclopaedia etc.), electronic library catalogue, using modern information and communication technologies.
The library serves about 5916 individual readers (students, post-graduates, scientists, patent workers, entrepreneurs, specialists), over 200 companies, universities, government departments, enterprises in various sectors of industry.
The annual attendance of the library is about 7419 users, placing at the users disposal about 203256 document. By the request of the collective and individual users are implemented thematic searches in the electronic resources, in the foreign scientific and technical databases, as well as in the United Library Automated Electronic Catalogues. The library also provides an electronic delivery of documents by off-line regime. If necessary by E-mail are provided the full-texts, as well as providing by interlibrary subscription. The whole literature is recorded by /ALEPH, IRBIS / management systems.
The library is a member of:
- Electronic Library Consortium of America (eLCA)
- Electronic Libraries and New Information Technologies (ELNIT)